Île aux Perroquets is the gateway to the Mingan archipelago. Found offshore from the village of Longue-Pointe-de-Mingan, it’s a bucket-list destination for seasoned kayakers.
During your day with us, depending on currents and winds, we will explore Île aux Perroquets, Île de la Maison and Île du Wreck — a magical area that time forgot, where the birds are masters. We might have the chance to see seals, porpoises, minke whales and more marine wildlife along the way. There’s always a surprise in these waters that are teeming with life.
To choose a sea-kayak rather than a motorboat to get to the archipelago, is to choose to take the time to truly savour Côte-Nord's incredible wilderness. It’s the perfect expedition to connect with a rare and beautiful marine environment.To reach the islands, we will feel the wind, the swell of the waves, the sun and the currents during a 45-minute open-water crossing. This is a real offshore sea-kayaking experience. If you wish to call yourself a sea-kayaker, then this trip is for you.
- Length: 6-8 hours
- Departures: On demand (depending on weather conditions - call us to see availabilities)
- Age: 15 and older
- Group: Minimum 6 people must register for us to depart
- Distance: ±15-20 km
- Reservation required
- Please arrive 20 minutes early
- From June 1 to August 15
- Single or double kayak, paddle, skirt;
- Clothes, wetsuit, windbreaker, poogies (kayaking hand covers), and neoprene booties (wetsuit is not mandatory inside the bay on hot days in July and August);
- Basic technical training so you can move efficiently and comfortably on your own during the trip;
- Waterproof Bags: Can be used for snack, camera and change of clothes;
- Lunch and snacks. Lunch consists of a smoked salmon pita or grilled sandwich (your choice), seasonal salad and miso broth. Seasonal fruits are served for dessert. Please let us know about any allergies when making your food choices.
- Spare clothes;
- Your complete waterproof kit or waterproof-breathable clothing (anorak) pants and coat (the weather can change quickly);
- Water shoes or sandals (however, you can use Noryak's booties);
- Hot sweater or fleece, any clothing made of synthetic material, avoid cotton;
- Sunglasses and straps so you don’t lose them;
- Bottle of water (minimum 1 litre) and a light snack;
- Personal medication as needed;
- A camera
- Make sure you eat a good breakfast
- Adults: $137.00 per person (taxes not included)
- Teens 15 to 17 years: $120.00 (taxes not included)
* You can get a discount if you own your own boat (15 foot minimum), your own kayak gear (PFD/ wet-suit), and your own safety gear. We reserve the right to refuse this privilege if we deem any of your equipment to be inadequate for this adventure.
**A 3% reservation fee is charged for online bookings.